Graphically Gladiator

12:00 AM




A recent outing led me to a boutique with lots of unique clothing and this gorgeously graphic top. Kismet is a local clothing shop with a few locations in the Cincinnati area. What struck me about this top is its homage to 80's style and it was only $40! (Heres a similar one from urban outfitters). With Taylor Swift's 1989 album scoring the top Grammy this year, these looks are all the more rage. Also, typically Ally; its free flowing and blows gracefully in the wind.


This top is technically a top and a bit too short to be a dress so naturally I paired it with some simple black shorts(a summer staple) and black gladiator flats! Gladiator sandals are a trend of the decade so they're definitely not going anywhere. There are some great options available for you at Target and some others at DSW. 


If you've noticed, I've carried this clutch/cross-body bag on multiple occasions. I like that I can wear it as a shoulder bag, a cross-body if my hands are tied or I can remove the chain strap and carry it as a fold over clutch for an evening out. Finding versatile pieces is the way to make your wardrobe larger with out blowing big bucks. 


The bracelet I am wearing here I purchased from a jewelry maker on the streets of Cape Coast in Ghana, Africa. 


Yeah... did I mention the back cutout? Showing back, as you know by now, is my way of adding interest to a look without showing too much. I prefer to keep a bit of mystery behind my wardrobe choices and you may be surprised how you could add interest to your own style by choosing to show a little sneak peak somewhere unexpected.



Just remember, clothing should be fun, and an expression of true identity. Always consider the weather, your mood, and the occasion before choosing what to wear. When you feel confident and comfortable people will take notice. 

Happy Shopping!

Remember not to be shy, I'd love to hear what you have to say about this week's outfit! Do you have a favorite piece? What decade trend will you be participating in this season? How do you plan to style your versatile pieces? 


Special Addition:
At the end of this month I will be featuring 3 designer collections from the DAAP Fashion Show. These features will go live on May 27th, 28th, and 29th. I asked each of the designers to meet with me at a local coffee shop. Having never met before; I was hoping to easily pick them out of a crowded coffee shop. As I sat on the back patio beneath a grape vine covered trellis I watched them one by one hop out of their car and up to the front entrance. They strutted single file and almost systematically gliding down their own runway. Each wore a black ensemble cut and structured to highlight their own signatures. From this point forward I knew I was meeting the future master's of fashion; and that this collaboration is just their beginning.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images